Product Version History (Version 1.x)
Licensed Users: Upgrade to the latest version of Personal Knowbase now.
August 3, 2000
Final 16-bit maintenance release.
- Create file://, telnet://, and https:// anchors in html exports.
Also fixes minor issues, including:
- Fixes a bug exporting special characters in html tag attributes.
- Fixes a failure to respond to a Cancel request while printing for some printer types.
- Forces all dialog boxes to the center of the screen to avoid a problem where dialog boxes (including the startup splash screen) could be off the visible screen area.
- Automatically opens data files from CD-ROMs as Read-Only.
- Repairs tag lists when, in rare cases, they were corrupted when a file was open when Windows terminated abnormally.
- Fixes an "out-of-disk-space" bug.
May 7, 1999
Maintenance release fixing a problem with Personal Knowbase starting up if it had last been closed in a hidden state.
February 3, 1999
Maintenance release fixing minor screen and printing bugs. Fixed a display problem if the Windows 95 taskbar is at the top of the screen. Fixed a printing bug if an article's keywords were printed at the top of a page.
December 30, 1998
Added a number of features, including:
- Convert your articles to web pages by exporting them to HTML files.
- Combine keywords with operators such as AND, OR, and NOT.
- Create an Index Report of articles associated with keywords.
- Locate articles by date.
- Find and replace text in articles by their dates.
- Print or export lists of article titles only.
- Merge data files.
- Import multiple files at once.
- Import files by dragging from File Manager or Windows Explorer.
- Specify keywords for imported files.
- Open data files in read-only mode.
- Specify page footers as well as headers, both with more options.
- Check the length of an article.
- Context-sensitive pop-up menus.
- Default font changed to Arial, 9-point.
- And many new user Preferences.