Bitsmith SoftwarePersonal Knowbase: unique free-form notes management software
Home News Support Contact

Welcome to the Personal Knowbase User Support Forums!

Personal Knowbase
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Suggestions for next update or version « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
TomL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Suggestions for next update or version Reply with quote

As a new user, who has been experimenting for about 2 months with PK, here's my preferred first half-dozen suggestions/votes for ideas already on the forum:

1) Colors for titles and keywords (font and/or background). Better - if possible, simple named styles to format any text section (font, size, font and background color).

2) Color-code different kinds of hyperlinks (internet addresses, files etc).

3) I vote for simple categories (groups) as an option. Unlimited number (although it would be sensible to keep them within single figures...). Plus, the ability to color-code titles according to category, and select or sort articles by them.

4) A hotkey for date-stamping within the content field, using a date format pre-selected in properties. I want to use PK a lot for logging activities, controlling flow of actions etc.

5) type-in selection of keywords is essential. Once you have more than 50 keywords, it becomes MUCH faster to type than to scroll through list.

6) Simple flat-table formatting. I notice tables cut/pasted in html from web-pages come in fine, but you can't set them up in PK. Could limit the number of columns (up to about 7 should be sufficient). This would be great for logging expenses, budgets etc. Even better if we could have column totals...

Jump to: